I’ve got this game that is modeled on revenge tragedy from 1600, and it has playtested well and I love it. It’s going to be competing at Fastaval pretty soon and I’m running a session at Dreamation. The big challenge has been finding a compact way to present all the information a player needs at the table, and this is my latest attempt. I think it’s going well! (click to enlarge)
So on two playing cards, nothing smaller than 9 point type, you get:
* Character portrait and color (I am so happy about these, from the Nuremburg Chronicle) – this is the innocent Ingenue in one of the two setups called “The Devil of Prague”.
* Guidance about which cast it represents (important, basically two different situations depending on the number of players, also color-coded)
* Guidance on Fate and Event Guides, playtesting called for a finding aid for this info. On both cards!
* How your dude feels about all the other dudes
* What secrets and troublemaking bits your dude knows
It’s a lot! I’m super happy with this approach in general. We’ll see how it works in February.