On a remote planet far from civilization, the worst criminal scum from a dozen star systems have been dumped, charged with building new lives under the watchful eye of Authority.
Within a brutal hierarchy of savagery and servility, convicts and guards alike must make hard choices. Every colonist has their own code of conduct and their own aspirations—aspirations that invariably come at the expense of others.
This dangerous new world is too small for everyone to succeed. In fact, it may well be too small for anyone to succeed. Only the shrewdest, the toughest and the luckiest will get a chance to find out. Will you be among them? Durance is the latest game from designer Jason Morningstar, author of the award-winning game Fiasco. It is a fast-paced, low-prep, highly collaborative game designed for 3-5 players and one or more sessions of play and includes a detailed, engaging science fiction setting. Durance began as an entry to the Game Chef design competition and was produced with the support of backers in a very successful Kickstarter project.
by Jason Morningstar
6×9 Softcover, 136 pages
“The only thing I like better than dystopian sci-fi prison planets are games by Jason Morningstar.” – Will Hindmarch
“One of my favorite games ever, full stop.” – Giulia Barbano
Press and Reviews
- Game Review: Durance – Gamester at Large (December 2012)
- Australia in Space, or My Report of Durance – Breakfast for Owlbears (September 2012)
- Interview 27: Jason Morningstar – the Walking Eye Podcast (September 2012)
- Discussion 38: Durance Review – the Walking Eye Podcast (August 2012)
- Six Things I Learned About Durance – futileposition.com (August 2012)
- Reading – Durance RPG – a backer review from Battlegrip.com (November 2012)
- A Conversation About Durance – Interview with Go Forth and Game (July 2012)
- Game Chef Alumni Report: Durance (March 2012)
- Durance Press Release (February 2012)