Where Can I Find Fiasco?
Fiasco is available at a game store near you! Check out this list of great stores or order it from our partners at Atomic Empire using the links below.
Playset Expansion Packs Series 1 (2020)
Playset Expansion Packs Series 2 (2021)
Play Fiasco Online with Roll20
Fiasco is also available on Roll20, where you can play online on their virtual tabletop right now! They are dedicated to enabling gamers to unite across any distance via their easy-to-use gaming tools, and the cards in this version of Fiasco really sing on their platform.
What is Fiasco?
A Game About Powerful Ambition and Poor Impulse Control
FIASCO is an award-winning story-telling game inspired by cinematic tales of small-time capers gone disastrously wrong. You’ll tell a story about ordinary people with powerful ambition and poor impulse control! Lives and reputations will be lost, painful wisdom will be gained, and if you are really lucky, you just might end up back where you started. You probably won’t be lucky.
Actual Play Videos
FIASCO CLASSIC is the original, award-winning, GM-less game for 3-5 players, designed to be played in a few hours with six-sided dice and no preparation. During a game you will engineer and play out stupid, disastrous situations, usually at the intersection of greed, fear, and lust. It’s like making your own Coen brothers movie, in about the same amount of time it’d take to watch one.
THE FIASCO COMPANION is a supplement for Fiasco, including in-depth discussion of common pitfalls and solid techniques for making Fiasco games excellent as well as advice for writing your own Playsets and hacking the rules. In addition, the Companion features exciting rules variants, new Tilt and Aftermath tables, four new Playsets, an interview with John Rogers and a foreword by Wil Wheaton.
THE FIASCO PLAYSET ANTHOLOGY is a three-volume collection of the Playset of the Month series that ran from 2010-2012. In each of these three volumes you’ll find a baker’s dozen of dumb situations and criminal folly, all tied together with an exclusive playset written by Fiasco designer Jason Morningstar.
- Fiasco – Winner, 2011 Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming
- Fiasco – Winner, Best Support, 2009 Indie RPG Awards
- Fiasco Companion – RPGgeek Golden Geek 2012 Best Supplement
- Fiasco – Judge’s Spotlight Award, 2009 ENnie Awards
- Fiasco – Finalist, RPG of the Year, boardgamegeek.com
“Fiasco … is the finest bit of writing on neo-noir I’ve encountered in years” – John Rogers, Executive Producer and Writer, Leverage.
“Fiasco was one of the greatest storytelling RPGs I’ve ever played. I highly recommend it.” – Wil Wheaton
“Fiasco is hands-down one of the best RPGs I’ve ever read. Can’t wait to play.” – Gareth Michael Skarka
“It should be in the bookshelf of all RPG gamers, period.” – Philippe-Antoine Menard, the Chatty DM
“Fiasco … is really as good as everyone says. It’s a great pick-up game, and it runs in just a couple of hours. The game really delivers on its premise, a fast paced tale of foolish people getting in way over their heads. I’ll definitely be
playing this again.” – Brennan Taylor
“The game’s design is such a thing of beauty, making so much with so little visible effort, that any game designer, especially RPG designer, owes it to himself to play enough to understand how it works in play.” – Gerald Cameron
“You go from 0 to awesome in 2.5 hours. This is a game you can whip out on those nights when some people can’t make your regular game, and everyone who is there will have a great time telling a really solid story.” – John Marron
- The guys from the Play the Game video podcast did a very nice review of Fiasco (December 2011)
- Opportunity Actions: A Fiasco Review by the Opportunist at RPG Musings
- “One Book Wonder Game” – Geek’s Dream Girl review
- Drake’s Flames review
- The Chatty DM’s review: Part One and Part Two
- Fiasco -The Game of the Day
- “GroÃŸe Ambitionen und miserable DurchfÃ¼hrung”, an audio review from Picast
- “Fiasco Friday: Sharing Cool Stuff,” a review from geekcentricity.com
- “Fiasco of the Chombies” – the Jank Cast Review
- RPG.net Review by Jeff Moeller
- “What’s Not to Love?” – Critical-hits.com Review
- Motley is a Fool’s Uniform Review
- Here Be Gamers: Episode 26 – a Fiasco!
- Gnome Stew’s review, Part One:Rules, Dice, Friends and Trouble
- Gnome Stew’s review, Part Two: Why You Should Play This Game
- Indie RPG and the Temple of Doom – Fiasco
- RPG.net review by Megan Robertson
Actual Play Reports
- Book Scorpion’s Lair – First Time out with Los Angeles 1936
- Holy Crap, Fiasco – Part One and Part Two
- “Up in Smoke” – A Small Southern Town AP on RPGGeek.com
- A Picture Perfect Fiasco, a podcast actual play from Roleplaying Public Radio
- Lando, Turnpike and Rocket
- The Further Adventures of Cash $
- “We Have to Crash this Plane – to Prevent it From Crashing!”
- Tainted Love, Pickled Heads, and, Strangely, a Leopard
- The Debt (Gangster London)
- A Failed Suicide, A House Fire, and a Sleazy Manager Eaten by a Bear
- Fiasco in Vegas – the story (part one, part two) and the elements
- Fiasco at Gen Con
- “Fiasco, It’s Not” – Chris Sims AP on Critical-Hits.com
- The Guatemalans Ate The Dolphin
- a VoIP Fiasco. a Skype-based AP
- Revenge and Murder in Suburbia
- Endgame Minicon – Fiasco Report (Gangster London)
- Prog Metal Hell
- Going for a short walk, may be some time, gotta stab a dude
- A Few Bad Apples
- It ended in tears, and smoking helicopter debris
- Tina at New Outlook
- Bag Plant Blues
- Leopards and Diamonds
- Billsborough Nocturne
- Showdown at Cornish Creek
- I Speak for the Penguins
- Man-Tool of the Spivey Clan
- Settling Scores on the Gulf Coast
- Hockey Night in Buffalo
Are you interested in stocking Fiasco? Our products are available from Indie Press Revolution, Alliance, ACD, GTS, Lion Rampant, Esdevium, and other distributors. We’re happy to do direct wholesale orders as well.
In addition, we participate in the Bits and Mortar program, giving you the opportunity to extend our “free PDF with purchase” guarantee to your brick-and-mortar customers.
If you have questions or would like to make a direct order, drop us a line.